Module 2 – SLP
FEDERAL CONTRACT COMPLIANCE ISSUES
Recruitment of Females and Military Veterans
Before you begin this assignment, be sure to review the Module 2 Background readings.
You work as VP of Human Resources for a private-sector employer in an industry that has historically attracted only civilian males (for example, earth-moving equipment, steel making, etc.). Because of your organization’s great success in recruiting women and also military veterans, you want to write a press release as free publicity for your organization’s efforts. Prepare a 2- to 3-page attention-grabbing press release, covering the following:
1. Importance of (a) hiring both genders and also of (b) hiring military veterans.
2. How your private-sector organization has overcome the difficulty of hiring women to jobs in an industry that historically has attracted only men.
3. Explain your best practices in targeted recruitment efforts in (a) hiring women and (b) military vets.
4. Bring in industry statistics from the IBIS World database in the Trident Online Library to enhance and deepen your information.
5. Bring in at least two other companies by name, preferably in the same industry as your spotlighted company:
a. A company that has been successful in hiring women in positions previously held by men.
b. A different company that has a strong practice of hiring military veterans.
For a discussion on writing a press release, with examples, refer to the following resource:
James, G. (2010). How to write a press release, with examples. Retrieved from https://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-to-write-a-press-release-with-examples/
Use at least three reputable outside sources plus any applicable background readings to strengthen your discussion.
To find information in IBIS World in the Trident Online Library: Search IBIS World by clicking on “Additional Sources” under the Library search box. Click on the question mark icon after the IBIS World heading to learn how to navigate the site.
Since this is an academic exercise, be sure to add a title page and reference page when you submit your press release.