1. Choose a television/internet advertisement (a video) that seems to target you and people like you or that
you simply find interesting and worthy of analysis.
2. Analyze how the advertisement works to convey its message to a particular audience through use of
visual, textual, and multimedia information. This type of analysis is still a rhetorical analysis, so think about
aspects of rhetoric we have been discussing as you study your ad, but it also involves visual argument and
3. Write an essay in which you present, explain, and evidence your analysis of the advertisement.
4. End your analysis with an evaluation of the advertisement’s effectiveness based on your analysis.
5. Include the link to your advertisement appropriately within the text.