Health Policy Paper
POLICY TO USE : ADOLEsCENT HEALTH.
Health policy unfolds daily and drives clinical practice in the US. The student will investigate current policies or legislation underway for a specific health-related issue. The Student will develop a scholarly APA formatted paper supported by evidence. The policy paper rubric:
Introduction to population or problem (incidence, prevalence, epidemiology, cost burden etc)
Description of how the policy is intended for a specific population, program or organization
Specific legislators involved in the policy development and dissemination
Identify the role of the APRN in assisting with the policy or refuting the policy – this requires the evidence to support opinion, ideas and/or concepts.
Discuss how the policy influences clinical practice and is used to promote best outcomes
Examine how the policy can be used by the interprofessional team to ensure coordinated Snd comprehensive care for the specific population
Conclusion – summarize findings
APA format – use of primary peer-reviewed references as much as possible
• Support your responses with examples.
• Cite any sources in APA format.
– USE REFERENCES LESS THAN 5 YEARS OLD
• Nash, D., & Fabius, R. (2015). Population Health: Creating a Culture of Wellness ,2nd. Jones and Bartlett: Burlington, MA
• Nickitas, D., Middaugh, D., & Aries, D. (2016). Policy and Politics for Nurses and Other Health Professionals ,2nd. Jones and Bartlet: Burlington, MA ISBN# 9781284053296
• Porche, D. (2012). Health Policy: Application for Nurses and Other Health Care Professionals. Jones & Bartlett.