Please refer to the lecture notes while writing the paper.
Pick a movie that has an adolescent or multiple adolescents as a main character (i.e. The Breakfast Club, Mean Girls, Easy A, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, etc.) Pick One (1) of these adolescents to focus on.
1) Summary – Briefly summarize the movie (5 marks.)
2) Environment – Analyze the home, school, and work environment of the
adolescent based on our class discussions. Discuss how these affect the
adolescents’ views and attitudes about themselves, family, and peers.
Assess how their community, culture, the media, their gender, and their
cognitive development might also affect their thoughts, feelings and
behaviour. (25 marks)
3) Critique – Does this movie do a good job of portraying an adolescent? Is it
still relevant in 2020 (do the same issues still apply to adolescents today)?
What, if anything, would you change about this movie? (10 marks)
Formatting (5 marks):
– Standard margins, 12pt font, APA style cover page and referencing.
– Use subheadings.
– Double spaced 5 pages MAXIMUM (excluding references and title page).
Clarity, Conciseness, Flow (5 marks)